Saturday, May 26, 2012

Memorial Day

This weekend is Memorial Day.  To some it is the start of summer, to others it is a weekend full of fun going to picnics. To me it is more than that. I will enjoy family for a picnic and enjoy the great weather, but I also will be honoring those that have made the ultimate sacrifice. Growing up my mother would drag me to the cemetery every Memorial Day to honor those that have fallen for our country. I never really understand the significance and meaning behind it until I was older. If it is not for those soldiers that leave  their families, their comforts, everything about their lives we could not enjoy those same things. So this Memorial Day I will be dragging my own kids to the cemetery so they can start honoring those that made the ultimate sacrifice for them.

1 comment: