Thursday, October 6, 2011

God Bless

I am so excited to be able to start this blog and share with everyone the good things that God is doing through coupons. My name is Carra. I live in Pittsburgh. I started couponing when I quit my job to stay home with my kids. Along the way I have met some amazing people that have changed my life. I have always felt that I need to give back or help others, I was a social worker by trade so it was always in my nature. Coupons have given me that opportunity. I also have a strong pride and respect for our country and the people that serve and protect us. I feel that we need to do as much as we can to support our  military local and abroad. Sometimes I feel that families that are abroad get forgotten and they are key to our military functions. What better to to help those overseas families then to send them expired and unwanted coupons. It is a small gesture, but an easy one. I was just throwing them away and I thought there has to be something that I can do with them, it was such a waste. I researched and found an organization that would allow adopting of a military base. So I adopted a base in Germany. I am fortunate to have so much support through family and friends as well as through a local coupon exchange at The Winery at Wilcox. They have great wine, but are also very military minded. I could not have started any of this though without the help of one wonderful and inspiring woman, Maureen. Without her I would not have had the encouragement to take God's vision and put it to work. Check her out at www.saveandsharewithcoupons.com. I feel that God is working through me and I obey.

No comments:

Post a Comment