Wednesday, February 8, 2012

food pantry

Yesterday I helped in the local food pantry that is run out of my Church. I have to admit it was my first time actually helping while the clients were shopping for their items. I have been reflecting on this experience ever since. 

It was humbling to see so many families come and request food. They prayed together and genuinely were thankful for what they were receiving. God was working through all the volunteers there.

Watching the process it motivated me to want to tell others. As a community we need to do more. Picking up a few extra rolls of toilet paper, or a tube of toothpaste, or a box of pasta would make a difference. Go and help at your local food pantry, even if for one hour or even if just once. It made me truly appreciate what I have.

Tell everyone. You are helping your neighbors.

Donate to your local food pantry!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for taking time out of your day to volunteer at your local food pantry. The numbers are staggering with the people that go to bed hungry each night. I'm sure that you touched many hearts that day while you were helping.

    ReplyDelete